Interlinked's bot policy is designed to be simple, easy to follow, and friendly to bot owners whilst ensuring others are not annoyed by it. We take a compromise approach to bots — they are tolerated, but they must follow simple rules to prevent annoying people.
We do not have a per-server bot policy — it is network-wide, like all policies.
- NO ADVERTISING, XDCC, TORRENT BOTS, OR MALWARE — NO EXCEPTIONS
- They must follow Interlinked's network rules
- Flooding in any way, including (but certainly not limited to) ASCII art, excessive information, and mass highlights, is prohibited — exceptions granted to bots limited to their own channel
- If the bot is in active development and will be exiting a lot, please do it in its own channel
- All chatbots, babblers, markov chainers, and similar, must have a
chatbot/$nickspoof, so they may be easily ignored
- Unsolicited private messages are prohibited
- Channels may set other bot policies in addition to this
- Bots should always identify to NickServ
- We don't need any more chatbots, really
- Please consider if your bot is really necessary — services can usually manage a channel just fine, and we aren't cleaning up your mess when it gets taken over because you're adverse to services
- You may consider asking a bot owner to join an existing bot to your channel
- It is advised bots respond to CTCP version for filtering purposes
We reserve the right to disconnect or k-line a bot at any time for any reason if it becomes irritating or breaks the rules.